Assignment 1
Me, Myself and I
• Design your name to fit YOU (i.e. your
personality, character, outlook, strength &
weakness, inner self...)
• In other words, communicate your design
through manipulation of the letters in your
name.
• SELF is very complex. The challenge is how
do you introduce yourself through effective
visual form.
I guess pictures paint a thousand words, so here goes the 1st 2 sketches. By the way, you can click on the pictures to look at the larger versions.
*edit* I realise the picture quality is bad.. scanned using black and white and saved as jpg to save space =(

As I've already explained in class, the 1st sketch was my confession for being a hardcore fan of fighting/RPG games. Things I need to take note... too many details, may be quite hard when it comes the CG part. Maybe I could try to simplify the design a little.
The 2nd one wasn't really showed to the class, maybe because of time constraint. I like to observe stuff, basically anything I could get my eyes on. Just happens that I've tried to bring out my name through ideas from the shopping centre construction opposite Clementi MRT station.

The 3rd sketch was actually something that I don't really like back then during primary school. Some of my friends would actually use my surname to give me a new nickname. I guess its pretty obvious that its taken from King Kong on top of the empire state building.
The 4th one was quite a shock to me. It only took me 5mins to came up with this pic, with probably 2-3 ppl in the class doing almost the same stuff as I did. Yet it was the most well received sketch among the 4, wow.. However, it may need some slight adjustments, such as placing the notes together on top to form my surname.

These are the 2 roughs that I've chosen before the tutorial. Top being the detailed version and bottom is the simplified one.
Stay tuned for next week, the prototype will be uploaded by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment