Thursday, February 12, 2009

Assignment 1 continued








Ok, these are the 2 prototypes that I've did for today's tutorial. (click on pics to get see the full picture)

I tried to give both pictures a setting, the 1st one being working in middle of night under a table lamp, while the second one is actually a journey home listen to my favourite tunes.

I'm quite satisfied with my 1st drawing, in terms of the shadows and effect that I've experimented with during using photoshop and illustrator. As always there are things to be improved, such as the letter "N", which I was recommended to use capital "N" instead of small "N". The letter "G" needs to be improved for faster readibility. I may need to darken the flail too.

The second picture didn't receive much attention today, probably it doesn't look as stunning as the 1st. Depending on the time, I would just devote my time to improving the 1st drawing. However I'll try to look for ways to improve it.

Thanks for the comments too, it was really encouraging =) , and keep it coming.

3 comments:

  1. Hey nice work, i really like the first one. Colours are very nice the gradient on the weapons. I think the G is a lil hard to see but is able to make out. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I prefer the first one too. Maybe you could add some creases along the paper to make it seem more realistic or something. I don't know if it's just me but I think the shadow for the pen is abit too much. But overall I still find it quite nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st one is better than the 2nd. Maybe you can outline the images as though it is done with the mechanical pencil in your image to make more legible the letters of your name?

    Alfred

    ReplyDelete